Citizen-led personal assistance (BPA scheme)

Citizen-led Personal Assistance, BPA, gives you the opportunity to hire people to give you practical and personal help in everyday life.

To get a BPA scheme, you must have a significant and lasting physical or mental impairment that requires extensive help, or have a need for help that cannot be covered by personal and practical help alone.

What requirements are there for citizen-led personal assistance?

The BPA scheme presupposes that you can function as an employer.

However, if you transfer the subsidy to a related person, a company or an association, you should only be able to act as daily manager / supervisor for the helpers.

You must be over 18 years old, but there is no upper age limit so you can continue with this type of help after you turn 67 years old.

How do I apply for citizen-led personal assistance?

If you wish to apply for citizen-led personal assistance, you must contact the visitation department in Sønderborg Municipality. See the contact box at the bottom of the page.

Where can I find quality standards?

See all quality standards here.

Contact us

Care and Development
Ellegårdvej 25A
6400 Sønderborg

Phone hours:

Monday - Friday: 8.00 am - 9.00 am