Emergency housing and resident deposit loans

If you have an urgent need for a home or a deposit, you can get help here.
Can I be allocated an emergency home?

Sonderborg Municipality has control of emergency housing with the municipality's housing associations. It is the municipality that assesses whether you need an emergency home.

You must have researched and tried all options to get a home yourself.

You must be aware that your individual wishes for a home or location are not decisive for the overall assessment.

Can I get a resident deposit loan?

When you move into a new rental home, you have the opportunity to apply to the municipality for a loan for a deposit. As a starting point, you can not apply for a loan for a resident deposit for a private rental home.

You must attach documentation for the future home in your application, such as a certificate from the housing association or a copy of the lease.


Contact us

Citizen Service Sonderborg 
Holger Drachmanns Plads 5
6400 Sønderborg

Opening hours:

Tuesday: 9.00 am - 18.00 pm 
Thursday: 9.00 am - 18.00 pm

Phone hours:

Monday: 10.00 am - 15.00 pm
Tuesday: 10.00 - 15.00
Wednesday: 10.00 - 15.00
Thursday: 10.00 - 17.00
Friday: 10.00 - 14.00