Entry to Denmark

Read about how to report your entry when you move to Denmark from abroad.

When you move to Denmark and have to live here permanently for more than 6 months, you must register online. You must make sure that you have all the necessary documents - including a residence permit, BEFORE you register online.

How do I apply for entry?

Once you have registered online, please send the receipt to folkeregister@sonderborg.dk. You will hear from us within 14 days.

In the email you can write if you want to use Citizen Service in Gråsten, Nordborg or Sonderborg. We will contact you afterwards via e-mail with an appointment to come in person to Citizen Service - you must bring the original documents.

When you come to us, you have to choose which doctor you want to have.

What should I bring with me when I show up at Borgerservice?

You must bring the following:

  • Residence permit (not required if you have Danish or Nordic citizenship)
  • Passport or identity card
  • Marital status document (married / divorced / widowed)
  • Birth certificates for children, documentation of parental responsibility and consent from a non-accompanying parent
  • Lease contract or written confirmation from a roommate that you live and stay at the address

The documents must be brought with you, even if you have already attached documentation in the self-service solution.

On The Family Court's website you can find information on the recognition of foreign marriage, divorce and death certificates as well as on the legalization of these.

Migrants in the town hall

Contact us

Citizen Service Sonderborg 
Holger Drachmanns Plads 5
6400 Sønderborg

Opening hours:

Tuesday: 9.00 am - 18.00 pm 
Thursday: 9.00 am - 18.00 pm

Phone hours:

Monday: 10.00 am - 15.00 pm
Tuesday: 10.00 - 15.00
Wednesday: 10.00 - 15.00
Thursday: 10.00 - 17.00
Friday: 10.00 - 14.00