Food service, paid delivery and free choice
You can be granted food service or paid for delivery of goods if you are temporarily or permanently weakened physically, mentally or socially, and therefore cannot cook or shop for groceries yourself.
Food service must promote healthy eating habits with a view to curing and preventing disease and improving your health, so that you can live as freely, independently and actively as possible
- What type of food can I get with food service?
When you are granted food, you can:
- Choose a supplier from among the municipality's approved suppliers, which appear on the municipality's website.
- Choose to get food up to seven days a week.
- Get diet/individually tailored meals if you need it (including, among other things, energy-dense, vegetarian, gluten-free, lactose-free).
- If there is only one supplier for the food you need, and you want a supplier other than this approved supplier, you can apply for a certificate of free choice, and thus enter into an agreement with a supplier about food service yourself.
- Is it possible to buy food service?
You have the option of purchasing additional services in addition to the approved food service. You have to pay for the extra services and for delivery more often than once a week. You settle your purchases directly with the supplier.
Possible purchases at The Danish Madhus is for example:
- packed lunches
- guest portions
- extra potatoes
- beer bread, soups and fruit porridge
- protein drinks and protein-rich ice cream
- cake and desserts
- When is the food delivered via food service?
You will receive a decision on food service as soon as possible and no later than 10 working days after application. Your chosen supplier will be notified as soon as you have informed the municipality of your choice of supplier. You will then be able to order food as soon as you receive notification from the supplier.
Your chosen supplier will inform you about the time of delivery of the food. You can see more on the supplier's website.
- How much does the food cost via food service?
It is the City Council in Sønderborg Municipality that sets the price for food service once a year.
The price is listed in Sønderborg Municipality's rate sheet.
- Who are the suppliers for food service?
You can choose from the following suppliers (see more about them by clicking on the name):
- Can I get paid for product delivery?
If you can't shop for groceries yourself, paid delivery is an option.
You can be granted paid delivery of goods if you are temporarily or permanently impaired physically, mentally or socially, and therefore cannot buy groceries yourself.
You can have goods delivered once a week from one of the grocery stores that have entered into an agreement with Sønderborg Municipality.
You will be granted personal help from the home care staff if you need help writing a shopping list, ordering groceries or putting colonial goods in place. The store's driver will help you put refrigerated and frozen goods in place if you are unable to do so yourself.
Sonderborg Municipality settles the delivery fee directly with the business. You always pay for your groceries yourself. You settle directly with the business. You pay the store's delivery fee yourself if you receive groceries more often than once a week.
- Can I get help to manage my purchases myself?
If you are allocated help, you can freely choose between four suppliers through the free-choice scheme:
When you have decided which supplier you want, you inform your visitor. If you wish to change supplier, you must also inform the Visitation.
You can change supplier with one month's notice.
- Can I choose another supplier for paid delivery?
If you are granted help, you are free to choose between four providers through the free choice scheme:
Once you have decided which supplier you want, you let your visitator know. If you want to change supplier, you must also notify Visitation.
You can change supplier with one month's notice. See the form for changing supplier for paid goods delivery or see the applicable rates for the free choice certificate.
- Where can I find case processing deadlines, quality standards and rates?