Free psychological help for young people
Psychological help for young people is a free offer for you if:
- You have mental problems that affect your daily life (eg sadness, anxiety, stress, social dissatisfaction, grief after loss, identity difficulties, difficulties with appetite or sleep, problems with self-confidence and self-esteem).
- You do not have the opportunity for psychological help elsewhere, (eg via other municipal services, your educational institution / workplace or referred by your own doctor).
- You are 15-25 years old.
- You have an address in Sonderborg municipality.
Examples of problems can be:
- Parental / family issues
- School and work-related problems
- Experiences of grief and loss
- Identity problems
Free psychological help is not an emergency offer, and we do not have the opportunity to provide emergency help for psychological problems. If you are in an emergency situation, you should therefore contact your own doctor or the emergency medical service for advice on where to seek help here and now.
- How does a course take place at Gratis Psykologhjælp?
When you contact Free Psychological Help, you will speak to a psychologist. The psychologist assesses, on the basis of your conversation, whether your problem is covered by the scheme's offer, or whether you would be better helped elsewhere. If your call is not answered, please leave a message.
During the telephone conversation, you and the psychologist will create an overview of the problems you would like help with. Sometimes it can be unclear on the basis of the telephone conversation, and then you are offered a visiting interview for further assessment.
The waiting time varies, we will try to give you the first time for an inspection interview within four weeks.
You can get up to 5 free calls from a psychologist, which will be based on your current problems.
- Is the psychological help anonymous?
The fact that the offer is anonymous means that we do not create a journal on you. We need your name and phone number so we can contact you if we have to change our agreement. At the first interview, we will ask you to document your age and place of residence, for example by looking at your yellow health insurance card.
We have a duty of confidentiality. This means that we cannot discuss our conversations with others without your permission. As healthcare professionals, however, we have tightened the notification obligation.
- What are the rules regarding cancellations and absences?
When you are offered a course, it is important that you prioritize getting to the interviews.
If you are prevented, e.g. due to illness, you must cancel at the latest on the same day at 8.30, otherwise it counts as a visit. Please cancel as early as possible so that your time can go to someone else.
You must contact us to get a new appointment - otherwise your case will be closed.
- As a parent or relative, can I contact Free Psychological Help?
As a parent, relative or partner, you are welcome to contact Free Psychologist Help to get an assessment of whether your child is in the target group for the offer.
However, it is important that the young person himself is motivated and wants to talk to a psychologist. As a starting point, the young person himself must be able to make contact and make an appointment.
Feedback about the course can be given to you as a parent, relative or partner, if the young person so wishes.
Health Center - GPU
Grundtvigs Allé 150
If the phone is not answered, leave your name and phone number and you will be contacted.