Housing benefits

It is possible to apply for housing benefit if you live for rent and need help paying rent.

You can apply for housing benefit if you live for rent. If you are a public pensioner or early pensioner, you have the option of applying for housing support for an owner-occupied or co-operative home as a loan.

Udbetaling Danmark processes your application and pays housing benefit.

Can I get help to apply for and calculate the housing allowance?

You can get help to apply for, calculate and change your housing allowance by contacting us in person at Citizen service. If you have a MitID, you must bring it with you for people at the address over 18 years of age.

When calculating the housing allowance, information about the home, persons in the household and your income must be brought.

Where can I see case processing times?

See case processing times here.

Girl reading in window

Contact us

Payment Denmark, Housing Allowance
Kongens Vænge 8
3400 Hillerød

Phone hours:

Monday - Wednesday: 8.00 am - 16.00 pm
Thursday: 8.00 am - 17.00 pm
Friday: 8.00 am - 15.00 pm