Public transport, buses and ferries as well as bus tickets for students
Public transport (buses) is operated through cooperation with the transport company Sydtrafik. The buses run on certified biogas, and the conversion from diesel buses to gas buses provides an annual CO2 reduction of approx. 2.500 tons.
In addition to buses, there are also:
- Sønderborg Airport
- The ferry Bitten (Ballebro - Hardeshøj)
- AlsLinjen (Sea of Funen - Bøjden, Funen)
- The Ærø ferry (Fynshav - Søby, Ærø)
- MS Feodora (Sønderborg - Langballigau, Germany)
- The bicycle ferry on Flensburg Fjord
- Can schoolchildren and students get a bus pass?
For primary school students
Pupils in 0th - 10th grade with a registered address in Sonderborg Municipality are offered a free school card with the option of transport in all buses in the municipality and at all times. If the student wants a bus card, the student must contact the school secretary at the school where the student is enrolled.
If the student as a citizen of Sonderborg Municipality has chosen a school in Aabenraa Municipality, ordering the school card must be done at the school in Aabenraa. The card is issued with validity within Sonderborg Municipality, and additional cards must be purchased if travel is to take place within Aabenraa Municipality.
Pupils staying at after-school (efterskole) and 10th grade at EUC are not covered by the offer.
If a bus card is lost, a ticket must always be redeemed on the bus for any bus journeys until the replacement card is received. A replacement card costs 150 kroner. Order a replacement card at the school.
For students on secondary education or higher education
Young people and students can order Youth Cards at www.ungdomskort.dk.
The card is issued to:
- Young 16-19 year olds who are not in education
- Students in a youth education
- Students in higher education
For questions about ordering and card issuance, contact Sydtrafik on tel. 76 60 86 00.
The City Council of Sønderborg Municipality has decided to repay the part of the deductible that exceeds DKK 50 per. month when purchasing a "Youth card for youth education". The offer applies to students residing in the municipality and with a distance of at least 6 km between home and school. Read more about the offer in guide for youth cards. Please note that this offer is only valid for cards valid until 31 December 2022. The offer will then expire.
- What are Flextur and Plustur?
Flextur is public transport, where you are driven in smaller carriages with other passengers. You decide where to pick up and drop off.
Flextur can be ordered by phone on tel. +45 76 60 86 08 - key 1, on Sydtrafik's flextrafik website or the Flextrafik app, which can be downloaded from Google Play and the App Store. You can see one overview of prices here.
Flextur can be used every day of the week in the period 06.00 am - midnight in the whole of Sonderborg Municipality, but not on the 24.00th and 24st of December.
Plustur is flextrafik for driving between address and stop. A Plustur can only be booked via rejseplanen.dk as part of a total journey (eg a Plustur from Kværs to Gråsten Station to continue the journey from there by train). Read more about Plustur.
- Where can I see if there is a detour due to road work, weather conditions or other temporary situations?
When excavation work, events, processions or the like on public roads mean that the buses cannot run as planned, the changes are announced on Sydtrafik's website. In some cases, there will also be advertising at the stops and in the buses, but as a starting point it is Sydtrafik's website og rejseplanen.dk, which must be used if you want to check whether you are driving as planned.
It also happens that the weather is to blame for the bus ride not being carried out as planned. This is especially in the winter months, when slippery or snow can prevent the buses from getting around. Also in those situations, information will be provided via the transport company's website, just as the information will also, if possible, be brought via the local radio.
- What criteria are there for public transport in Sønderborg Municipality?
The city council has adopted principles for how collective bus traffic in Sønderborg Municipality is planned. The principles apply to all the routes that run internally in the municipality (the municipal border is not crossed) and therefore not to routes 110, 112, 113, 128 and 900X, which are financed by Region South Denmark. The overall criteria are, among other things, following:
- There is a public transport offer on the catchment routes on weekdays in the period at. 6 am - 19 pm and Saturdays at 8 am - 15 pm. Route 223 and trips on routes 225 and 226 adapted to the ferry in Fynshav are excluded from these periods and therefore also run in the evenings as well as on Sundays and public holidays.
- There is a public transport offer on the city bus routes on weekdays during the period at 6.30 am - 19 pm and Saturdays at 8 am -15 pm.
- Public transport is offered where there is a need for public transport. There will be special focus on the education seekers.
- The school bus routes are organized according to the district schools, to which the municipality has a transport obligation. One driveway and a maximum of two / three home drives are offered, depending on whether it is a school with a superstructure. There must be a 60-minute waiting period between the school's call time and the bus' arrival or departure time. The aim is for a maximum of 15 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon. Special transport requests from the independent schools will only be met if this can be done without significant additional costs, with the exception of a few specific trips.
- Night bus rides home from Sønderborg city are offered on the nights after Fridays and Saturdays.
- Free summer bus at Nordals.
- Offer on Flextur.