Straw or other similar parts of agricultural crops must not be burned on fields or uncultivated land. However, the following is allowed:
- Flame treatment of weeds
- Burning of straw from seed grasses from areas where the crop is grown the following year
- Straw that has been used for covering and the like
- Minor spills associated with baling, including defective straw bales
Note that burning of straw bales may only be carried out when information has been provided to Sønderborg Municipality at email@example.com.
- Are there distance requirements and precautions when burning straw?
There must be a fire belt of at least 10 meters around the burning site and burning must always be started upwind.
- At what time of day do I have to burn straw?
Burning must begin at sunrise at the earliest and must be completed the same day at sunset.