Grants for adult education
Associations that work with teaching, study circles, debate-creating activities, etc., can apply for grants from Sønderborg Municipality.
- How do we apply for grants for adult education?
To apply for a grant, you must be an approved public information association that offers adult education. You apply by contacting the Culture, Sports and Leisure Department.
- Who can apply for a subsidy for adult education?
To apply for the subsidy for adult education, the association must:
- have formulated a purpose for the formation of the association, which is stated in the articles of association
- belong to Sønderborg Municipality
- primarily work with teaching, study circles and lectures, which is open to all
- have a board of directors consisting of at least 5 people, one of whom resides in Sønderborg Municipality and is responsible for the grant received and the allocated premises
- have members / participants who have an influence on the association's management
An association whose profits accrue to individuals may not receive grants.
In case of doubt, the public information committee decides whether an association is eligible for a grant.
- What is the subsidy for?
Grants are awarded to:
- teaching, study circles, lectures and other debate-creating activities
- payroll administration
- activities for adults as well as adults and children together
The starting point for the calculation of subsidies is salary kroner, where the salary kroner used in the most recently completed financial year is the starting point. For new associations or associations that expect increased activity, they must submit a budget with expected expenses for teachers / leaders. New associations must be approved.
Sønderborg Municipality can - if desired - handle the administration of salaries for associations that are not affiliated with a nationwide organization.
Subsidies for own premises can amount to up to 75% of the documented expenses, however, a maximum of DKK 25 per hour. Application deadline regarding. premises subsidy is April 1st.
The subsidy may not exceed 1/3 of the salary cost in connection with teaching, study circles, etc. - a little more in connection with music lessons and for participants with disabilities.
- When is the deadline for application?
Applications for grants must be submitted no later than 15 September (for the following year), and the municipality will announce its commitment no later than 15 November. The allocated amount is paid out in two installments in resp. early January and early August.
- Are there obligations if the association receives a grant?
Associations that have received grants must submit accounts for the use of the previous year's grants by 1 April. Grants over DKK 500.000 must be audited by a registered / state-authorized public accountant. Possibly. unused funds must be paid back to Sønderborg Municipality.