Become a volunteer at upcoming elections
As a citizen of Sønderborg Municipality, you can register as a volunteer election director/deputy at the upcoming elections in Sønderborg Municipality if you are over 18 and have Danish citizenship.
We will create a list of interested citizens, and when there are elections, you will be contacted if we need your help.
- What should I do as an election volunteer?
Sønderborg Municipality has 17 polling stations, and at each polling station there is a team consisting of election managers, election secretaries, administrative employees from Sønderborg Municipality and election deputies.
As an election director/election representative, you must, among other things:
- help prepare the polling station
- welcome the voters
- scan their electoral card
- distribute ballots
- stand at the voting booth and draw the curtain
- keep an eye on the ballot being handed in at the ballot box
- check and count ballot papers before they are handed out
- help with the counting of votes in the evening
- pack up material when the evening is over
Before the election, you will be sent instructions. On election day itself, you will receive an introduction to the tasks before the election opens. You can get guidance from the election secretaries throughout the day.
- How long do I have to be present on election day?
As an election director/representative, you are out at a polling place all election day from 7.00 in the morning until all votes have been counted and reported, and the room has been cleaned up. This is usually late in the evening or early in the night.
- Where can I find out more?
If you need to know more about the task as election director/deputy, or if you have any questions, you can contact the City Council Secretariat and Law:
Anne-Lene Witthøft Christiansen, e-mail: email@example.com, telephone +45 40 21 87 13.